Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Taxis, sand dunes, coffee and school.

Had a wonderful first day of school. Finding the school on the outskirts of AD was a bit of an adventure. I began to think my school was buried under sand dune. In our taxi, We had to stop and ask several people before following a school bus that was heading that way. We drove past at least 7 schools thinking they were ours before we found our school. I was happy to go with Mandy since we were assigned to the same school. When we arrived at the school we walked into a lovely building and entered a huge courtyard end met the principal who was super friendly and surprised to see us. Then we met the Head of Faculty and we were ushered into the most glamorous and exquisitely decorated principal's office I have ever laid eyes on. The coffee and tea set were so lovely I could have spent all day sipping Arabic coffee and sitting on the plush leather couch. 
It turns out that my assigned school already has enough teachers so today I will get a new assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment