Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Goodnight moon

I really should be asleep but I'm not. I have been so tired lately from taking an online course and working I don't have much time to just relax. I also have felt a lot of grumpiness lately and then while reading a chapter on acculturation for my online course I discovered that I am in fact in the process of going through the third stage of acculturation which explains a lot of the symptoms I am experiencing. It was quite a relief to read that.  I am also finally learning to stand up for myself and make healthy decisions for myself but it seems to blow up in my face every time I do so. I don't know why but I gotta just keep walking. So anyway this blog will not make much sense but I just had to share a few things I learned this week.

1. Boys don't like the color red because it reminds them of sheep blood! Who knew? Now I do.

2. Getting whacked with a sandal hurts.

3. Boys don't like pink but if they want to borrow a pencil from me now they will have to borrow a barbie one.  Otherwise I will never see my pencil again.

4. I finally got my confidence in teaching back and am seeing progress in my students.

5. The boys enjoy teaching me a word a day in Arabic, it's quite fun! I think they are more willing to take risks when they see their teacher take one.


Now I must rest as it is back to work in 8 hours. Goodnight world, goodnight moon and goodnight I-pad(it's a book now!).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, assertion is not my thing either. :/ But you're halfway to the other side of the world, so you have that to attest to your bravery. :D

    ReplyDelete